One single soldering fluid for all the working steps is considered to be the ideal from the user's point of view. An even better way to go is explained in the following!
Several entirely different working steps are necessary in manufacturing radiators. Each working step presents different requirements for the soldering:
1) Strip tin plating requires fast reaction by the soldering fluid. The oxide layer has to be completely removed from the surface of the strip so that an even coating of tin is obtained with the thickness necessary
2) For core baking, the time of exposure for the soldering fluid in the oven is crucial. When the soldering temperature is reached, the soldering fluid has to remain active during the entire soldering; otherwise the bonds will be become unbonded again. Soldering fluid residues are usually unwanted. The exhaust air from the oven should be polluted as little as possible.
3) The dipping of header plates needs a soldering fluid that reacts fast and, at the soldering temperature, remains active over the entire dipping period. In addition, the soldering fluid must not spatter when dipped into the tin bath.
4) For soldering the radiator tank in, the soldering fluid not only has to stand up to temperature peaks during short periods of overheating but must also have a sufficient exposure time. The fumes produced should be sucked out to protect the solderers from the odour.
5) The same applies to radiator repairing as does to soldering radiator tanks in. In addition, the soldering fluid has to have a very good cleaning effect in order to remove soiling on the surface before soldering.
If one single soldering fluid is used for all the working steps, it can only meet part of the completely different requirements. In one case the soldering fluid will be dosed just right, but in another it will be overdosed or even underdosed. This will keep production beneath its potential.
If you want to achieve the best possible, we will determine for you the suitable type of soldering fluid for each working step and adjust the properties required for you.
Be it serial production, single-piece production or repair, our know-how can support you. Find out by e-mail or by phone on: